Happy Retirement Quotes! What is Yours?

Be Sociable, Share!

It is all about attitude!

Someone once said, “Don’t have something to retire from, but something to retire to”. This is all about having a great attitude and perspective on life.

So many of us focus on how we will retire from our business or career and give little focus on where we are headed when we do retire from that day job.

I am guilty of this.

The reality is, on average, a retired person will spend about 3% of time on their investments. That leaves 97% of time to concentrate on other things. What will happen if they neglect the items that really matter; health, family, or hobbies/passions.

When was the last time you sat down and thought, what am I really passionate about?  Yea, I thought so!

In this article we will talk about this and throw in a couple of funny or happy retirement quotes to amuse you. I hope this will help you think about what you are retiring to instead of what you are retiring from.

You are the boss now, so treat yourself like you always wanted to be treated.

It is your choice and action now!

Who you used to be is not who you will be!

When you are working on your career, you can be so emotional attached that you will become lost in your work. However, your work will not love you back!

This can set you up for very emotional times and struggles that you could have avoided in the early phases of your retired life.

For many, retiring after so many years of working can be as emotional as a divorce. This is why it is crucial for new and existing retirees to “Retire to” something otherwise they can lose their sense of purpose and stability.

If you have not prepared for this as much as you have prepared financially, there can be trying times ahead. You can reshape this before it happens.

 

“When a man retires and time is no longer a matter of urgent importance, his colleagues generally present him with a watch. ” R.C. Sherriff

What does your mirror reflect?

Who do you see when you look into the mirror?

Retirement will reflect who you are and not who you think you will be. Many people think that retirement will drive new habits and a healthier life. After all, there are fewer distractions and more time to work on what you think you will work on.

It doesn’t always work that way. People are creatures of habit.  If your habits were bad before then that will continue.  They will be bad in retirement unless those patterns of behavior change.

Many will have to be re-trained in retirement on how to approach a better lifestyle and healthier eating habits if they expect real change.

“Retirement is a time to make the inner journey and come face to face with your flaws, failures, prejudices, and all the factors that generate thoughts of unhappiness. Retirement is not a time to sleep, but a time to awaken to the beauty of the world around you and the joy that comes when you cast out all the negative elements that cause confusion and turmoil in your mind and allow serenity to prevail.” Howard Salzman

Money Problems? No Problem?

Many people think that running out of money in retirement is the end of the world. Is it really?

What about health and family/friends?

All the money in the world will not buy good health and a happy family environment. Society today shapes our belief that the dollar amount is what it takes to create a happy retirement. Have you thought of what people are giving up to worship the dollar?

You can have both, money and family, just be aware and plan accordingly. After all, at the end of your life you want to be surrounded by family and not things.

The world today has amazing alternatives for you to stay productive and have the time to foster the relationships in your life. I am embarking on that new journey myself with affiliate marketing and my plans to travel the USA.

“When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income”. Chi Chi Rodriguez

“Retirement kills more people than hard work ever did”. Malcolm Forbes

Working at Your Retirement

Work doesn’t stop when you retire. It just changes. New retired people need to realize that the true freedom of retirement comes with managing life’s trials and tribulations; and not just investments.

Retirement is not void of stress, relationship issues, and disappointments. It is how you decide to deal with these issues and motivate yourself to a happier life. You are still in the learning phase.

Only by experiencing the difficulties of life and going through the transition that retirement presents each day can retirees truly appreciate the independence it offers.

My personal transition is following a new passion and sharing those experiences and knowledge. You can read about that here.

Money doesn’t have to be an issue in retirement as long as your are open to new opportunities. You can release yourself from the fear of doing what you really want to do.

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles”. Doug Larson

“The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off”. Abe Lemons

Make You Own Retirement Quote!

So what is your “Retirement Quote” going to look like and the message it conveys?

“Retirement’s great paradox? It takes work”. – Robert Laura

If you think retirement is quitting work, you are wrong. It is a different type of work.

It is not longer working for someone else, but for yourself and family. No more presentations or doing physical labor. It will be filled with staying active following a new passion and sometimes saying no to your adult children.

Retirement doesn’t come with an owners manual (just like raising kids). However, there are plenty of guides and resources if you find yourself needing the help.

“Preparation for old age should begin not later than one’s teens. A life which is empty of purpose until 65 will not suddenly become filled on retirement”. Arthur E. Morgan

Remember, work on the 97% of the important things in your new life, family and friends. The other 3% of investments will work for you. Build that healthier lifestyle and enjoy life as it is meant to be.

“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter”. Mark Twain

Live life fully!   Dream and it will come true!

I hope you have enjoyed this article. If you have any question of comment, please leave those below and I will get back to you ASAP.

Are you ready to start something new and rewarding?

Join my community at Wealthy Affiliate and become part of the greatest and most helpful online community today.

==> Join Now by Pressing Here!! <==

 

 

 

 

 

 

Be Sociable, Share!

6 thoughts on “Happy Retirement Quotes! What is Yours?

  1. This is a great read from a happy retiree. We need more of this kind of thoughts and attitude. We’ve spent years working to save for retirement. But you are right. We need to think of, not just the money, but what to retire to. Honestly, I don’t even know how to withdraw my retirement savings 🙂 All i’ve been doing is depositing in it.

    “Whether you are just entering the workforce or nearing retirement age, planning for the future is critical”. – Ron Lewis

    You seem to have a sound plan. And your affiliate marketing endeavors look promising. I’m reading those links too. Very interesting. Thanks foryour post!
    Gigi

    1. I’m glad you found this interesting and helpful. This was just my way to add a little humor to a serious topic.

      I recently retire and I am drawing from my pension. I hope someday not to do that and my WA businesses will provide for me.

      I would love to have something for my children instead of using it all up.

  2. if you do what you love, you never work a day in your life…. You hence never retire! That’s the approach I’m attempting to take right now. On a journey to see where the road takes me, literally (just starting as a travel blogger)

    Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading.

    1. Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately not everyone has always followed their passion. But today with all the technology, it gives more people the ability to do just that.

      I did not know what I was getting into with Wealthy affiliate, but I found that I really enjoy the passion I can bring around the Niche of my choice and I get to do what I want to do. That’s freedom to me.

      I wish you all the luck in following your passion and finding that personal freedom your seek.

  3. Having chosen my passion to be my main work (opera singing) I hope I will never have to retire from it. However, as one gets older, opera singing does get harder to manage. So, now, I am pursuing my new found passion for blogging and affiliate marketing as well. Really curious to see where this journey leads… Good luck with your traveling!
    Best,
    Alenka

    1. When I joined WA I had no idea that I would be enjoying it so much. It is fun to get up and do this at my home and around my family.

      Since I am already old (lol), this seemed to be a good niche for me. I have a lot to say about getting old and following your passions.

      Thanks for the great comment and good luck in following your passions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *