Are you looking for an easy way to build your own free website?
WIX is one of the most popular website builder on the market today. If you are not tech savvy, then this may be the site for you.
WIX offers you a free website to get your started.
It has beautiful templates and is know for its drag and drop web builder feature.
In this review I will give my impression of WIX and give you a run down of its capability.
But is it all FREE?
What All Do You Get With WIX?
One of the most popular features of WIX is the easy drag and drop ability that requires no coding knowledge. This ease of use has made this a platform of choice for beginners in the website creation community.
Here are just a few of WIX features:
- Easy drop and drag function
- The beauty of this function is that you do not need to understand coding to build your website, just simply drag and drop.
- Free hosting for your website
- WIX offers free and secure website hosting for your website.
- App market
- The web App service will help you grow your site.
- Mobile friendly but limited
- You can set your site up for mobility via your smart phone or IPhone.
- Custom Domain names
- This allows you to register a custom domain name once you buy one of the paid services.
- 500 pre-made templates
- WIX offers you free access to 5000 designer made templates to choose from when creating your site.
- Stock images
- WIX easily access free stock photos for your site that you can choose from.
- Video background
- You can set your website up with a video background which is unique and it will allow you to upload your own video for customization.
- Image Editor
- This allow you to edit or retouch images to customize your site.
My daughter has recently created a website on WIX. She is marketing handmade jewelry and she needed a site to sell her merchandise on. She easily created the site, but unfortunately did not understand what it takes to market the website to the search engines.
WIX has SEO tools, but you need to go into setting and setup SEO Wiz. WIX offers an app market where they have apps that you can use to help promote your website. Some of these apps are free, but if you want additional features, you will need to buy the apps that offer those.
Pro’s and Con’s
- App Market is a great tool for the promotion of your site.
- You can completely customize your website making it completely unique.
- Great selection of designer templates (500) to pick from.
- This is a great tool for the beginner of website creation or design.
- Ease of use with drag and drop function
- Mobile sites have to be configured independently from the desktop.
- Any changes you make to the website need to be changed at the mobile site as well
- You can not change templates once you have created the website. Changing the template means you start all over.
- Free website just to get started. You will need to purchase a payment plan for more options and features.
WIX has built-in social media tools including social media bar, feeds, and like/share buttons. If you require more functions for social media, then you can go to the app market to get those.
You Can Do An Online Store!
E-commerce can be quick and easy to set up. However, you will need to upgrade to a Premium package to have the ability to set up your online store. Once you have done this, you can have access to creative tools and payment options for your store.
WIX offers a knowledge center for help. It has the ability to search and browse discussion boards and tutorials. It’s training videos are useful, but to get help you must submit a help ticket.
There are no options for direct chat, phone help or email help.
My Take On WIX
If you are new to website creation and need an easy way to get started, then WIX is for you.
If you are intermediate or experienced in website creation or design, then this may not be for you.
WIX can get your started easily and for free, but as you grow and your site needs to grow, then you will need to purchase one of the Premium plans.
WIX will offer you enough tools to create a very friendly, professional looking website with the tools to get started.
The downside is that you do not have personal help to better understand the online marketing business and how to get ranked in the search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
Mobility with the smart phone and social media is made easy. However, if you need to change your website, then you need to separately change your mobile settings as well. The transfer is not automatic.
Is This A Better Deal Than Wealthy Affiliate?
I have put together a quick comparison here:
As you can see, the comparison show that Wealthy Affiliate offers more to the beginner or the experienced website creator or user than WIX.
The important items that Wealthy Affiliate offers that WIX does not are:
- One on One coaching.
- Live chat
- Contact with owners
- Step by step training
- Ability to own your domain
- Free to use platform and no time limit
- Keyword research tool
- Affiliate Program where you can earn money
Although WIX is an excellent system to quickly and easily setup a free website, Wealthy Affiliate offers so much more and it is the best free website builder.
If you would like to join me at Wealthy Affiliate and learn how to create and market a successful online business, then you can join for FREE today by watching this free sign up video that I have created just for you!
I hope you have found this article helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please leave those below and I will get back to you ASAP.
I would love to hear what you think of WIX or have experienced.